Friday, February 10, 2012

Pizza Pizza!

It's been a week since my last post! Things have gotten pretty crazy this week because I started my internship and have two big tests coming up soon. I actually started this post about a week ago, so here it is, a week late!

Pizza is one of my favorite things in the whole world. It is a cheap, easy, and convenient meal. It also happens to be loaded with carbs and calories. Between my husband and myself, we would typically put away an entire pizza for dinner.

Before we got married I found a cookbook called "The Belly-Fat Cure" by Jorge Cruise. It promotes a low-carb, low-sugar lifestyle. While some of the products are difficult to find (I think maybe if you had a Whole Foods or similar nearby it might be easier) and can be expensive, I was able to find a lot of comparable products at Wal Mart. I highly recommend it; it gives really practical ways to change meals that everyone loves into healthy low carb and low sugar  meals, and they are YUMMY. Here is a slightly altered version of the pizza recipe I found in this cookbook:

Flat-Out multi-grain flat bread (available at Wal Mart)
1  jar Great Value/Ragu pizza sauce
1 2 cup bag of shredded Italian cheese
Any other toppings you like to eat on your pizza (I personally like to put pepperoni and mushrooms)

Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Place Flat-Out(s) on a cookie sheet and place in oven for 5 minutes. Remove. Spread pizza sauce on Flat-Out and add cheese and other toppings. Put back in the over for around 8 minutes. Remove and enjoy!

It's that simple! This mini, personal pizza is awesome and only a fraction of the calories and carbs of a regular pizza. If you crave pizza as much as we do, this is a great way to get your pizza fix but with a healthy twist!


No comments:

Post a Comment