Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Healthy Choices, Small Victories

One of my goals is to make more and more healthy choices. One choice I want to be able to make is to be able to say no to sweets. I LOVE sweets, especially twizzlers and cookies. I have zero self control. I'm ashamed to admit that whenever I buy a bag of twizzlers they never last very long longer than a day or two in spite of my attempts at self control. They just taste so good! Cookies I'm the same way. I'll tell myself I'll just eat one, and then 5 later I'm still going. Ridiculous!

Another weakness I have is Diet Dr. Pepper. Especially Sonic Happy Hour Diet Dr. Pepper with cherry. Yum. I have been on and off of caffeine several times in the past few years (I still maintain that it is impossible to make it through school without caffeine) but I have never been able to substantially cut back on how much soda I drink, even when it was caffeine free. I also would like to be able to cut down on the amount of aspartame that I'm drinking, because it's definitely not doing amazing things for you.

While I think it's ok to have sweets and soda every once in a while, and I don't think I will ever say goodbye to either of them for good, moderation is definitely key. Yesterday I went to Wal Mart to buy some candy as part of a gift and I wanted some SO BAD but I was able to say no, and continue to say no while they were sitting on my counter begging me to eat them. I also was able to say no to Diet Dr. Pepper even though there was some in my fridge and I wanted some so bad all day. I was so proud of myself that I was able to make these two small healthy choices. It felt really good, and my body felt better after drinking more water instead of soda. What small healthy choices can you make?

No comments:

Post a Comment