Sunday, March 11, 2012

No Wonder I've Been Breaking Out

Lately I've been having some 'skin issues'-mainly break outs. I kept trying to figure out why it was happening...was it stress, sugar, working out, my make up? Stress was a definite possibility, but I use my 3-step skin care system twice daily (I use Clinique, and I'm OBSESSED with any of their products. They are all amazing!), so this should've controlled any stress break outs. I didn't think sugar was the problem since I haven't been eating too much of it. For awhile I thought it was the towels I was using when I was working out, but when I stopped using those towels I was still breaking out. The make-up I use is all Clinique (call me a "Clinique snob" if you will, I won't use anything else!), so I didn't think this was the reason.
Then when I was trying to think about when the break outs started, I realized it had to do with when I started wearing make up again consistently. I didn't think it was my make-up, and then it hit me. My  make-up brushes!
I have to admit, I can't remember the last time that I had cleaned them, and they were pretty really extremely dirty. So I decided to clean them and see if that helped. Let me tell you, what a HUGE difference! Within a few days all my break outs were gone, and my brushes put on the make-up so much better! (It still grosses me out how much nastiness I washed out of those brushes)

Lesson to the wise: Make up brushes collect germs and bacteria that can make you break out. Clean your brushes consistently!

Here's to much healthier and happier skin :)

No comments:

Post a Comment