Friday, January 27, 2012

Living a Healthy Lifestyle on a Budget and a Busy Schedule

I don't know about you, but my life is crazy busy. Between my grad school internship, my GA position, and being a wife, I don't really have time to work out, and making healthy meals is a stretch. Trying to live a healthy lifestyle while busy (and on a budget!) is difficult. Before I got married I worked out, and lived pretty consistently on a low-carb low-sugar diet. After I got married I came up with many excuses: I don't have time, I'm too tired, healthy food is expensive, I'm a picky eater, healthy food doesn't taste good, I'm always hungry. After living these excuses for about 6 months, I found that I felt absolutely disgusting. I remembered that while I was working out and eating healthy/ier I felt better. That's when I (and my husband) made the choice to put away the excuses and start living a healthy lifestyle.
What I realized is that being healthy doesn't necessarily mean making huge, radical changes. I love food, I love soda, I love sweets. Giving up all these things at once would be miserable for me (and anyone). I would be setting myself up for failure. So I decided to make small, reasonable, healthy choices. My goal is to make more healthy choices every week.
When I mentioned the idea of starting a blog about trying to live a healthy lifestyle on a budget and a busy schedule to my husband, he told me if I started a blog I would actually have to do it. I can't blog about being healthy if I'm not actually living it. But that's why I like the idea of this blog. I want to live it. I want to be healthy, and I am hoping that by sharing my exploits it will not only help me be more successful, but also motivate other people to try to make more healthy choices too!

No comments:

Post a Comment